As part of that effort to build an inclusive and collaborative community for everyone, wider recognition, understanding and appreciation for our diversity is important. It is through this diversity, as well as the unique relationship that is set out by Ti Tiriti o Waitangi, that positions Aotearoa New Zealand to better take advantage of international and global opportunities.The Global Ambassadors of Tauranga and Western BOP will contribute to a greater recognition, understanding and capacity for international and global cooperation.
• Between 16 and 18 years of age.
• Contributes to the broad diversity of the Global Ambassadors team by bringing unique knowledge ofspecific cultures, interested and/or expertise to the group
• Applicants may include international students, residents and citizens of Aotearoa New Zealand who reside within Tauranga or Western Bay of Plenty.
• Likes to be challenged and work outside their comfort zone
• Interested in working with a diverse and dynamic team
• Able to demonstrate an interest in supporting and contributing to their local community.
• Monthly investment of time between 8 and 12 hours, including one Saturday per month for the monthly Global Ambassadors meetings and workshops.
• Occasionally attend events, festivals or meetings as a Global Ambassador.
• Design, plan and deliver a project during the 4th quarter of the program.
• Training and skills development
• Valuable certifications, awards and recognition of service as part of the program.
• Increased self-awareness and confidence
• Develop their professional network and portfolios
The Global Ambassadors Steering Group work to help develop and guide the Global Ambassadors Project. The core of the Steering Group includes three partners: Education Tauranga, Welcoming Communities of Tauranga and Western Bay of Plenty, and Enigmatic Global. Use the button below to find out more about Steering Group members.